breckwell p23-fs

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

harley75

Nov 21, 2016
pennsylvania
Anyone have a breckwell p23 fs and how do you like it.This one has the manual style control panel 3 switchs and a dial not sure when this unit was made bit i like the style

Last edited:
I am into my second winter with a 2012 P23i (insert). So far it has been EXCELLENT. Only downside is that I t doesn't really like "cheaper" pellets. I run softwood/Douglas Fir pellets (Packsaddles and Blazers now) and it does a great job of heating our 2000+sqf home. On setting 2 it'll run 10-12 hours on a fill.

Otherwise it's easy to clean and looks nice. A coworker has had two p23s in use for 5+ years with no issues.

This one I'm looking at must be older because it has the older control panel switches and a dial not computer style guy says 300.00 and it doesn't have a ash pan he says that they way it came have to suck out ashs

Is it worth it

Attachments

• 00s0s_apCvpVFKqZB_600x450.jpg
    00s0s_apCvpVFKqZB_600x450.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 101
I had a Breckwell P24FS for over 20 years and I loved it. It was very reliable and ran great. Just this past season I got to the point of having to start replacing fans, (convection and combustion) and the control board was starting to develop issues with auger control. But, that was just a matter of age and wearing out. I found that I needed a bit larger stove as far as btu's so I got a new stove instead of putting money into the Breckwell .

Looks alright for $300 if it works. You could probably go without the ash pan- or I'm sure you could buy one online.

I'd probably want to see/hear it working to make sure all systems are operating. If the fans or auger are on their way out it could get expensive quickly.

Yeah that what i thought but he got it all unhooked says auger and blowers sound good.But i got a whitfield advantage and the window clips are no longer being made and the ones in it now are pretty bad.Maybe I'll just look around a little more i hear the burn pots in these go bad and are hard to find