Breckwell P23 Heat Settings

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BreckP23Newbie

Oct 18, 2008
Brewster NY
Can anyone clarify how many pounds of pellets are burned per heat setting.

Burning Greenway pellets and the heat output on 1 does not seem to even get the heat exchange tubes "Hot" just lukewarm.

And when adjusting the flame, I have the damper out 1/2 inch.

Should the flame be tall and straight up with a slight blue color to it Or more yellow to orange.

Many Thanks To All for Your help.

On the lowest setting on my p23 I get an air output temp of 130°. I barely have the damper open, just enough to eliminate a lazy flame.

Roughly at
level 1 it is over a lbs per hour
level 2 is over 2 lbs per hour
level 3 is over 3 lbs per hour
level 4 is over 4 lbs per hour
level 5 is over 5 lbs per hour

Eric

The performance of your stove will vary somewhat with the brand of pellet. I also have a P23 and have tried Alleghenys, Dry Creek, Instant Heat, and Barefoot.
So far, it seems to like Barefoot the best and Allegheneys the worst.

When I first got mine, it was used, so I needed to replace all of the gaskets. I had some trouble with it burning correctly so I posted in the forum, and someone
posted some good pics of what the flame should look like: https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/552/

good luck!

In my P23 manual it says the feed rates are as follows .75 to 1.5; 2 to 2.5; 3 to 3.5; 4.5 to 5.3

Lance1 said:
On the lowest setting on my p23 I get an air output temp of 130°. I barely have the damper open, just enough to eliminate a lazy flame.

Lance, I am not getting close the that. I am at 79 degrees on level 2. Two questions, What kind of pellets are you burning and do you have OAK (ours is coming soon)?

Status
Not open for further replies.