Breckwell P24i serial # lookup and questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

pampas56

Nov 28, 2022
Washington State
Just bought a used p24 insert and need some info.

First I want to know how old it is. The serial # is WH-94 53415, It is auto ignite with an analog control board, but there is no slide switch at the top for (on/off-high/low-manual) like the user manual shows. Everything else looks the same as the book shows.

I can find the newer style analog control board on the internet. Is it an easy retrofit to change this out?

Last but not least- the stove is hooked to a thermostat that seems to work keeping the temp about where I set it. will any low voltage thermostat work in this scenario? We are talking one red and one white wire, so I am thinking cold -wax on- warm wax off- is about all we need.

Any help, tips, info will be greatly appreciated.

Steve

The sticker with the serial number on it should also have a build date on it

I also have a Breckwell P24i. I’ve always thought mine was a 1994 model until I read your post. When I bought mine I was told it was the last year Breckwell made a manual ignite model. I also have an analog control board. My serial # is WH94-46459. I don’t believe my stove is capable of having a thermostat hooked up. The manual I have says “Tradition Series”. I don’t know if that indicates the year is was made or what.

Breckwell (US Stoves?) doesn’t make analog control boards any more to my knowledge. There are digital conversion kits available on-line. I was told the digital boards do not fit in the space the analog boards have. Some sheet metal work might be needed.

I have two analog control boards. The original one and a replacement one I was able to buy when they still made them. The original went out/broke so I sent it out for repair. The replacement board has lasted at least 15+ years. Can’t have too many analog control boards. The original board had a fuse and a wheel on the back that did I do not know what. Probably something to do with the feed rate but no indication which direction increased or decreased the rate.

I found a Breckwell manual on-line that shows the control boars you are referring to, with the on/off-high/low-manual at the top. However, this manual is for an SP24i stove. Is that what you have?

Sorry I can’t be of more help.

[edit]
See if any of these control boards are for your stove.

Board Front trimmed.jpg

Last edited: