Read thru a few other similar issues. My stove has been installed a few years, worked fine. It has the remote thermostat (smart mode). So far this season, no light. I have verified the following:
- gas is getting to the stove input - recently refilled tank, checked connection - smelled & heard gas right up to the input.
- input valve appears to work, turned off gas, removed & checked valve function - cycles ok.
- no blockage anywhere - checked burner, pilot area, etc. no issues.
- ignitor works - one can see the spark continually cycling but appears like no gas is there.
- The pilot came on once, and then the burner came on for a few seconds and went out. Unable to get pilot on since.
- When turning on the stove in manual or auto mode, one can hear slight hissing like the gas is running, and if the gas input valve is shut off, the noise goes away. Sounds like gas is getting somewhere but I don;t smell it.
- This unit has a control PCB where the valves, etc are on connectors, nothing is labeled to be able to monitor voltages. Plus it will require complete stove de-installation to get at anything to debug. From the front, all the connectors & wires have been untouched and appear to be connected.
- The remote regulator has a small stepper motor, and I don't hear it operate when changing from low to high gas. However, if stuck at a setting, would not the pilot still light?
- The stove dealer (Rocky mtn stoves) was no help. They referred me to several outfits all of which are booked 3-4months out.