Breckwell P2700 trouble shooting

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Maxaduke

Dec 12, 2019
Colorado
We are trying to help my sister trouble shoot her Breckwell P2700 stove. The issue started with a blocked auger and broken pin. We cleared the auger and replaced the pin. The auger jammed again, but did not break the pin. We cleared the auger and replaced the auger motor. She started the stove this morning, said the auger ran until the pot was full and when the fan started the stove shut off.
While clearing the auger and cleaning the stove, we noticed a wire inside the feed tube to the stove. We have a USSC 6041 which has no such item and I can not find any information on this wire. The stove is hooked to a thermostat and has run for several years without issue until this year.

Trying to determine what this wire is for #1. And then where to start to diagnose what this issue may be with the stove. I realize there will be unanswered questions and will try to answer them as we go forward.

Thank you to any and all who maybe able to help.

we noticed a wire inside the feed tube to the stove.
Inside the pellet feed tube?
Maybe a photo would help
and a little more info like did
the stove start (fire) and shut
down about 15 min. later?

Inside the pellet feed tube?
Maybe a photo would help
and a little more info like did
the stove start (fire) and shut
down about 15 min. later?
Fingers crossed. We did a through clean out on the stove. The fan blades were totally blocked with dust and such. Started the stove and is is working properly at the moment. Will get a picture of the wire and post it if the stove stops working again.

yes picture would be helpful. "wire in feed tube" are you talking the pellet feed or fresh air feed? Their should be no wires inside any tubes as all the sensors are mounted on the outside..
As for the pellet jams have you recently changed pellet brands? I had that issue last season i changed brands and their were so many fines and the pellets were very inconsistent and it packed so tight in the auger it sheared the pin off and twisted the shaft inside the auger. Im betting their was nothing wrong with auger so keep it as a spare..

I find i have to empty hopper about twice a season and vacuum out the fines. they start building up and then the stove does not have the heat output. I usually do this every time i do a deep clean