breckwell P28FS gasket info needed!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

johnlavin

Feb 19, 2016
cumberland maryland
hey guys this is my first post and if i am doing it wrong please correct me

i have a breckwell p28fs it burns great after scrolling through the website for ages finding answers to my questions (this is our first pellet stove)

the question i have now seems to be unanswered.
i have the manual for my stove saying it needs 7 foot 6 inches of door gasket
7 foot of window gasket
4 foot 6 inches of gasket for the ash door

does these numbers sound right? i also need to know the size of gasket needed as my window leaks badly (it looks like streaks are forming from the gasket area upwards)

is there any tips or tricks to help a young one out?

Thanks in advance.
John

moved to the pellet forum

hey guys this is my first post and if i am doing it wrong please correct me

i have a breckwell p28fs it burns great after scrolling through the website for ages finding answers to my questions (this is our first pellet stove)

the question i have now seems to be unanswered.
i have the manual for my stove saying it needs 7 foot 6 inches of door gasket - Brickwell 5/8 door gasket sold by the foot.
7 foot of window gasket - USSC Part - Gasket - Flat - Glass (3/16t X 3/8w) (C-G-033) - SKU: 88174
4 foot 6 inches of gasket for the ash door - Not sure on this one

does these numbers sound right? i also need to know the size of gasket needed as my window leaks badly (it looks like streaks are forming from the gasket area upwards)

is there any tips or tricks to help a young one out?

Thanks in advance.
John

Most wood stove and pellet stove stores carry this stuff in stock. Look here for more info. http://www.stove-parts-unlimited.co...Y&sort=1&cat=343&show=12&page=1&f-Gaskets=190

sorry about posting in the wrong forum (i'm new to forums in general lol)

but as for the gasket...does the window gasket require any glue? it looks like it has stuff on it to seal it but i am unsure and would rather ask you guys

the window gasket is 5.00 a foot is there any way to tell if mine is bad? i have the streaks and stuff described above but i'm not sure if that is normal or not maybe the next day i fire it up i will get a picture for you guys

First off I do not own the same stove. However, most stoves that have gasket issues around the door are in fact the door gasket and not the window gasket. My stove does have a window and door gasket and I have never replaced the window gasket. I have replaced the door gasket once in 8 years of use. You can check the door gasket with the dollar bill test. This video does a pretty good job explaining that.

Other thing to consider is your stove may have air wash vents around the glass to keep it clean. That may be why you get the streaking you are talking about. I checked your manual briefly and did not see anything about that but that does not mean you don't have air wash vents. (breaks in the gasket)

Check the door and ash pan gasket with the test. If they need replacing then it is really nothing more than removing the old one CAREFULLY, cleaning the old glue out as best you can, put the new glue in (not too much) and seat the new gasket in place. Let it cure over night. Any stove store will carry what you need. Take your time and be careful to note any air wash gaps (you must duplicate these) and be gentle around the glass so you don't crack it.

sad news guys...i tried a dollar bill today and when it's close to the hinge it is tight but when it is over by the latch and in the middle it just pulls out with no pressure at all so i assume the door gasket is what is causing this?

sad news guys...i tried a dollar bill today and when it's close to the hinge it is tight but when it is over by the latch and in the middle it just pulls out with no pressure at all so i assume the door gasket is what is causing this?

Unless the door has an adjustment that needs adjusting. How old is the stove?

sorry for the long reply it's been months i know but as winter season is upon us now and i have not yet fixed the stove and a local shop doesn't know the size gasket needed i am SOL...the stove is from 1997