Breckwell SP2000I

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ckphoto

Dec 1, 2007
nj
I just got the Breckwell SP2000I and installed it yesterday I have a few questions if anyone here is familiar with this model. First when I open the door it drops about 1 1/2 in. and I need to push up and in rather hard when closing the door, is this normal and if not is there a way to adjust the door. One of my other problems more of a complaint then a question is the hooper from what i read it should hold 70 lbs I have trouble getting 40 lbs in there. Also When it feeds pellets some times they miss and it always throws ambers is this normal.

ckphoto said:
I just got the Breckwell SP2000I and installed it yesterday I have a few questions if anyone here is familiar with this model. First when I open the door it drops about 1 1/2 in. and I need to push up and in rather hard when closing the door, is this normal and if not is there a way to adjust the door. One of my other problems more of a complaint then a question is the hooper from what i read it should hold 70 lbs I have trouble getting 40 lbs in there. Also When it feeds pellets some times they miss and it always throws ambers is this normal.

First I have not sold an Breckwell in years but have and still work on a lot of them.

If this is an insert I think the top of the hopper is Adjustable (up or down) to fit the Hight of your fireplace. You will need to push the pellets back in the hole of an insert to get the max amount.

I have never liked the Bay windows of the breckwells they have always sagged down and have had to pull the door up to close.
Did you look and feel a stove in the showroom before you bought it?

Sparks from the Sawdust burning is normal but if you have Pellets popping out then you need to adjust the air less.

It is a insert I will look to see if there is some sort of adjustment but I do not think there is. I adjusted the air and haven't noticed any more pellets popping out.

The Breckwell insert I have is old, 91', so this may not apply to yours but the door is a simple pin type hinge. No possible way to adjust anything on it other than the tightness of the latch. My door doesn't sag. What kind of hinge is on yours?

Peggy

The Breckwell insert I have is old, 91', so this may not apply to yours but the door is a simple pin type hinge. No possible way to adjust anything on it other than the tightness of the latch. My door doesn't sag. What kind of hinge is on yours? 1 1/2" is a lot of sag!

Peggy

Peg
the p2000 is a wide Sheet steel with 3 pieces of glass bay window unit
not a solid cast door frame with glass like you have.

Status
Not open for further replies.