Breckwell SP4000 won't ignite

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

jsphilly

Feb 20, 2023
Pennsylvania
I had a Breckwell SP4000 installed four days ago and on the third day it stopped igniting. I can see that the igniter is not glowing orange and the stove isn't throwing any error codes. I thoroughly cleaned the stove and nothing changed. Is it really possible the igniter went bad after two uses? Also, is it okay to use a propane torch to ignite the pellets until the issue is fixed?

Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the forum.
Could use a little more info
Was the stove still warm when you tried a restart?
Was the burn pot removed when you cleaned it if so
is it seated and all the way back?
Does it still feed pellets when it doesn't light?
Try holding the start switch for 2 min. and see if the igniter glows.
Yes an igniter could go bad that fast
Yes you can light the stove with a propane torch
Try using starter gell (hand sanitiser works well)

Welcome to the forum.
Could use a little more info
Was the stove still warm when you tried a restart?- No, it was cold.
Was the burn pot removed when you cleaned it if so
is it seated and all the way back? - Yes, I tried repositioning several times.
Does it still feed pellets when it doesn't light?-Yes, it will continuously feed pellets.
Try holding the start switch for 2 min. and see if the igniter glows- I tried, no luck.
Yes an igniter could go bad that fast
Yes you can light the stove with a propane torch
Try using starter gell (hand sanitiser works well)
Thank you for the welcome.

I have to presume this is a new stove!
If it is call the people you bought it from
If the igniter is bad it would be under warranty
Let them fix it until then fire it manually.

I have to presume this is a new stove!
If it is call the people you bought it from
If the igniter is bad it would be under warranty
Let them fix it until then fire it manually.
It is, I just wanted to make sure it wasn't something simple I was missing. I'll give them a call.

Thanks.

I find the easiest way to light my stove when my ignitor goes out and i have not changed it yet. I have a bottle of fire starter gel that you can get anywhere and a BBQ lighter. Handful of pellets, squirt of gel, and away it goes.. Other than the mess of ash on the floor i like using this better as the stove is up and running much faster..