Breckwell W3000-FS - Baffle Blanket?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

paperarmadillo

Oct 27, 2023
Arkansas, USA
Hey all, there seems to be precious little about this stove on the internet, but we moved into a house that was thankfully equipped with it last year. It saved us from a few weeks of sub zero temperatures that overwhelmed our brand new heat pump system. This year when I called the sweep out to inspect things to make sure I was burning right he noticed we had no baffle blanket, so he left my firebricks in the bottom of the stove and said he would follow up (he did not). I know I could buy a generic one since I can't seem to find an actual part number for it, but how do you figure out how thick of a one to buy, and if I needed baffle boards or something else in there?

Looking at the manual, I don't see a baffle blanket mentioned, but may have missed it. The baffle panels are necessary, there are 3 of them, two large and one skinny one in the back. If you want to add a blanket, a generic 1/2" kaowool blanket cut to fit should work.

Screenshot 2023-10-27 at 6.36.21 AM.png

Reactions: paperarmadillo
Looking at the manual, I don't see a baffle blanket mentioned, but may have missed it. The baffle panels are necessary, there are 3 of them, two large and one skinny one in the back. If you want to add a blanket, a generic 1/2" kaowool blanket cut to fit should work.
That's what was getting me, but near the end of the manual it mentions checking the ceri-blanket so I wasn't terribly sure.

Screenshot 2023-10-27 at 8.50.30 AM.png

Reactions: paperarmadillo