Breckwell Woes

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Michele said:
We bought a Breckwell P2000 insert two winters ago
and have been very disatisfied with it. When we bought it we were told not to run it on level 3 or higher
for longer than an hour at a time.

Hi Michele and welcome to the forum.
Do you have the stove manual?
Sounds like someone gave you some wrong
information........
I just had a look at the manual online
for a 2005 Breckwell P2000i, and it
cautions not to use the #5 setting for more
than one or two hours
, not the #3.
(see page 14 of the pdf online manual)

If you don't have a manual, you can download
the right one for your stove in PDF format from
their web site http://www.breckwell.com/manuals-dt.asp?id=68

Oh, and btw, I also happen to be a Michele with one L.

In order to get heat from Pellets, you have to burn a bunch of them (same with wood, obviously)....at a low setting you simply are not burning enough pellets in order to produce the BTU's that you need. How many Pellets are you going through in a 24 hour period?

In the cold weather, if you are not burning at least 3 lbs per hour (2 bags in 24 hours), then you are not running at a level that can do much.

I think the folks at Breckwell Tell you not to run the stove Hot for a long time to protect there butt if you stove melts down and you call for warantee.

I can see any stove company doing that.

I have the same stove. I'm been running it at three since last night--70 degrees on most of the ground floor of my 3-story poorly insulated Victorian. At 4, I'd be in shorts and a t-shirt. I can confirm the manual says only 5 should be run for only an hour. So burn away at 3 or 4. I think the people who sold you the stove didn't read the manual.

Thank you for all the replies. We've been running the stove at 3 all yesterday and most of today and we've finally reached a nice warm 71 degrees. I think we're going to keep her!

Status
Not open for further replies.