Brick question for Country Striker S-160 1997

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Blazzinghot

Feeling the Heat
Dec 5, 2019
New Plymouth, Idaho
I was able to pick up a Country Striker 1997 S-160 and noticed that the bricks inside are 2.5 thick on the inside walls. The manual seem to indicate that all the bricks in this stove are 1.25 thick. It seems like the stove came with the thicker bricks but I am not sure. This stove also had firebricks on top instead of the 1/2 inch ceramic boards and not ceramic insulation. Will this stove work using the bricks without the 1 inch ceramic blanket? I am getting ready to hook this up on my home so want it working correctly . Thanks

image_67181057.JPG

Looks like someone replaced those bricks at some point with full brick. I'd remove them and put 1.25" bricks back in. The firebox is already on the small size. No need to make it smaller.

Thanks begreen I did not know for sure if these bricks were factory installed or someone replacing them. I knew what the manual said but then stoves can change from year to year. Those are some huge bricks. I have already checked the burn tubes and they are like new. I already ordered the 1 inch ceramic blanket and have it in my shop but still need to get the ceramic panels. This stove is replacing my pellet stove in my home so want it up to specs.