Bring On The Cold I'm Ready and Looking Forward To It

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dkuntz413

Jul 12, 2008
eastern Long Island

Attachments

• DSC_9793.jpg
    DSC_9793.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 393
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot - that ain't your YARD is it??

Light that pile up! Maybe it will bring on glow-bull warming! :lol:

WITH THAT MUCH WOOD IT WOOD ROT BEFORE YOU GET TO BURN IT!

Now, is that a full cord, a face cord, a stove cord, a furnace cord, or a rick? :p

I bought a half a cord of wood for my fireplace from a place that looked kinda like that here in Central Ohio a few years ago before I installed my stove.

They're one of the only dealers who sells truly seasoned firewood, because they actually have the space and inventory to get a few seasons ahead. They told me that their main business is selling firewood to restaurants with wood fired pizza ovens. Go figure!

The only problem with them? They're damned expensive! They're around $300 /cord (or at least they were 2 years ago).

It's a fantastic product though, so maybe that price isn't that bad? Who knows.

-SF

dkuntz413 said:

could you please explain???
how much?
what is it?
how long
enlighten us!!!!! please
oh yeah where is it in case we wanna stop by:)))))))))))

It's a friend of mines wood who is in the (tree), wood business. I'm an aerial photographer, and just happened to snap this photo while doing an aerial job. He gave me 2 cords for a 16x20 print of this photo.I have a photo somewhere in the depths of this computer with some shots of my real woodpile which was pretty impressive at about 20 cords a few years back. I haven't paid for wood in 9 years except for a cord that I bought a month ago when I ran out of time splitting my own wood.I had the code enforcement officers of my town on eastern Long Island pull into my driveway 2 years ago when my neighbor complained that I was running a commercial wood business out of my home. My answer to the neighbor after I told the code enforcement officer to leave, was to move my splitter and wood work area to their property line for a few months.
Here's a shot of my stepson and myself taking a break after a two hour chopfest.

Attachments

• _DK32391.jpg
    _DK32391.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 130
Yaphank?

Status
Not open for further replies.