Bringing home the winter's cutting...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Catfish Hunter

Burning Hunk
Jun 14, 2016
Western Wisconsin
I'm finally getting all my winter cut logs and firewood home. Here's a couple pics of my firewood and also I sawed about 1600 bdft of red oak, white oak and sugar maple. Now working on getting it split and stacked. The fire wood is oak, maple, ash, birch and a little hickory. The piles smell awesome!

Attachments

• IMG_0188.JPG
    IMG_0188.JPG
    218.4 KB · Views: 663
  • IMG_0189.JPG
    IMG_0189.JPG
    192.2 KB · Views: 738
  • IMG_0192.JPG
    IMG_0192.JPG
    150.6 KB · Views: 611
Looks like you sure don't fool around, also love the pics in general with the colors of the sun set / dusk. Good work

Reactions: Catfish Hunter
Out of curiosity what are you using to coat the board ends?. I usually see folks use wax or latex paint. All of my attempts at air drying boards over the years has led to significant end checking.

Out of curiosity what are you using to coat the board ends?. I usually see folks use wax or latex paint. All of my attempts at air drying boards over the years has led to significant end checking.

I am using classic anchorseal. We will see if it works. I will post on this again at the end of summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Catfish Hunter