Bronpi Lerma corner stove - distance against wall?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

yonny33

Feb 9, 2021
Uruguay
Hi there,
Does anyone know if the bronpi Lerma can actually be placed right up against your normal wall or does it need air circulation at the back?
A local dealer said it needed 40cm!!
1f648.png
1f914.png
1f914.png

It kind of defeats the objective of having a corner stove with such an enormous gap.
Think I'll take that with a grain of salt.

Haven't been able to find any installation instructions yet.

Not this dealer but this is just showing the model I was interested in as we have a corner fireplace.

Many thanks

I have not heard of this stove before. Stoves here need to be tested and certified before they can be sold. They must be installed with at least the clearances they were tested to. I can not read the installation instructions for the stove. When in doubt, I'd call the manufacturer of the stove.

Bronpi, based in Spain, have been making stoves since 1985.

A supplier in the UK recommended at least 50mm. But can be placed up against a non-combustible wall (but will of course absorb some of the heat). So maybe not the most efficient designs.
We have a corner fireplace we are converting. 90-degree corner so our options are limited.