Brrrrrr. 31 in Michigan

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hanko

Minister of Fire
Feb 26, 2008
livingstion co, Michigan
wondering what everybody else has tonight.

Cabernet and 52 degrees. Another idle stove night.

Hanko said:
wondering what everybody else has tonight.

81F....and it's a dry heat :eek:hh: ...between me and the lab pup I don't think we'll make it throught the night. Worst part is i've been throwing only slivers of wood on just trying to keep an ash bed going.

Tis snowin' pretty good here though.

34 here in mid MO
xxv is setting idle
insert is running 70 in stove temp :)

This should say it all.

Beach day in S. New England......sun tan time.

Attachments

• november.jpg
    november.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 401
We'll see 32 or below overnight, with possible snow flurries. Right now it's about 85F in my workshop...the cats are loving it, I'm trying to coax some of it upstairs by bringing cold air down. Rick

28 right now with a stiff North wind. Stoves been burning 24/7 last few days, it may not go out til next spring unless we get some days in the 50's again.

45 outside now, just started a small fire, will keep it going for the night, due for 36 or so tomorrow AM.

Murphy is crashed out :)

10_06_13.jpg

Only 51* outside now, but the lady of the house has had a fire going since this afternoon. ;-) She's cold natured, so if she's chilly, it's time to start a fire! I try to remind her of that when I'm going out at night to split wood.....

It's supposed to get down to 37* here in Central VA tonight, surprised our overnight low is about the same as LI.

EDIT: I always feel lame about any low temps down here, then N of 60 comes in and posts that! Well, I'll check back in with you in August and bust your chops about our 100* heat with 100% humidity down here. :gulp:

29 here headed down to 22 overnight. Been burning river birch all day: smallish hot fires until barely enough coals to restart. Will
let this last load die out. Last night, I did the same and the house held to 62 which we think is better for sleeping.

40 tonight, not really cold enough for a fire, but i have one anyway!

surprised our overnight low is about the same as LI

Me too. Doesn't bode well :coolsmirk:

north of 60 said:
-13C or 8F at this time. Supposed to drop down tonight. Just heading out to plow snow on the driveway.

Some guys have all the luck.

Rockey said:
north of 60 said:
-13C or 8F at this time. Supposed to drop down tonight. Just heading out to plow snow on the driveway.

Some guys have all the luck.

:p Don't worry, N of 60...the sun will be back out sometime in late February and then you can see how your snowplowing was. Rick (Stay warm, buddy!)

I think I'm going to be going 24/7 for a while.

The low tonight is 31 and the rest of the week is low 30s at night and low to mid 50s during the day. It won't be hard 24/7 but two loads a day in the Summit. If I ever get around to taking out the window air conditoners, I might be able to let it go out.

right now on my thermometer it is 24 out the front door and 28 out the back door. how accurate are they I don't know but they are close enough as the dog water has a skiff of ice on it.

47 headed for 34 tonight. Popped three pine splits in the 30 a while ago and will let them burn down and keep the joint livable tonight and see what the morning brings.

35F here ,and dropping . 74 F inside .

41 on Long Island. Weather channel says thats the low for this evening... Still 71 inside... cold stove.

42 here, debated and decided to build a fire for the night. It's 80 in the house now. Used my Supercedar firestarter sample and will definitely be buying some. Got my Rutland thermometer I ordered off ebay, attached it to the door of the fireplace and is now reading 400.

Guess we're one of the warm spots in stove nation, 43, might creep into the upper 30's tonight. We've just had 4 consecutive days with lows in the mid 50's and highs in the mid 60's, that's about 15 degrees above average. Had a small fire every day and a half. If we're near seasonable from now on we'll be into the 24/7 for the next 5 months. At some point we'll realize that we haven't lit a match in weeks?, months? North of 40 man, we're all just playin at staying warm next to what you go through. Gotta love the Blaze King huh?
edit: uh, I mean North of 60! :red:

Status
Not open for further replies.