Buck 2800 door gasket question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Buck_Dan

Nov 20, 2016
Indy
I just picked up a really nice 2800. But I do have a question. There seems to be a rather large gap between the double doors. Is there a rope gasket that goes in there. They seem to fit normally. Don;t believe its a defect, but something is amiss. Thanks

Dan nothing wrong with the doors I dont think. A look at a picture of it would help. Those models 26000,27000 & 28000 model were made back in the early 1970's. I've owned 2 of those models over the years and I do remember the 2 doors when closed together had a small opening at top and bottom about a quarter of an inch. It was a great stove for its day back then but you sure have to feed the wood to it.

Yep that's exactly what I'm talking about. Seems like it would make it hard to control the fire. Thought there might be a gasket that goes in between the two doors.

As for it eating wood, this little green bug has ensured a virtually unlimited supply of Ash where I work.

Thanks

The doors on my 28 are sealed. There is a dime size space at the top. There should be a welded piece on one of the doors that over laps the other door when closed. Provide a pic for us.

Mine is the same, a dime sized opening at the top of the doors. Besides that they are sealed. Not use to something like that. But if that is the way they are set up so be it. The burner does seem to be operating properly so I'll just go with it. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.