Buck 28000 out.. ugg... Blaze King 40 installed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

WASPKFD

Nov 3, 2013
Iowa
Due to bowing to the ins company they would not cover the BUCK 28000 due to NOT UL listed.. so after many recommendations. We decided on the Blaze King 40.
SO sad to remove the BUCK!
Anyway Ive read its best to load it up and let it fire away?? If I did this with the Buck it would more than likely torch the house lol!!
The King has the ash pan below as well as the dual fan on the back. Dual wall for stove pipe..
With the buck I needed a temp gage on the stove pipe to regulate the burn.. do I need one on this or would it even work with it being double wall..
sorry is it sounds like gibberish it just so different than the BUCK

f2.jpg 1.jpg

Reactions: Nealm66 and Todd
Congrats on the King.
Yes, it's good to have a temp gauge in the flue. The condar flue probe is good for double wall pipe. Not a magnetic one.

Do read the manual. It is useful.
Is your wood dry enough? The BK will not like wet wood. Best is below 20 pct.

Reactions: WASPKFD
I would recommend a flue meter like the condar in addition to the factory supplied cat meter but I would not let a lack of flue meter stop me from burning. I think it's a want and not a need.

These stoves are just plain ugly…….yet so beautiful!

Reactions: WASPKFD and bholler
I agree with highbeam, but the want vs need balance tilts a bit more towards the need for the probe when one is starting and needs to get used to a BK.
Imo.

Reactions: WASPKFD
Hey guys thanx for the info and YES they are ugly compared to the BUCK! The BK does stand tall and am starting to get use to the look..
Ive never used the FLUE meter as you described? how does it work on the double wall.. Ive only used the magnetic type on a single wall..
IM dying to fire it up but were in a warm spell right now highs in the 50s and lows 30s not cool enough to get started..
any tips on start up?

Hey guys thanx for the info and YES they are ugly compared to the BUCK! The BK does stand tall and am starting to get use to the look..
Ive never used the FLUE meter as you described? how does it work on the double wall.. Ive only used the magnetic type on a single wall..
IM dying to fire it up but were in a warm spell right now highs in the 50s and lows 30s not cool enough to get started..
any tips on start up?

The probe meter comes from condar through Amazon on just a few days of shipping. Installation involves drilling a hole in your double wall pipe at a certain height above the stove. The meter has a stem (like a meat thermometer) that sticks into the pipe to read the internal temperature.

I dare say that most bk installs don’t have a pipe thermometer and the owner’s manual makes no mention of it as a basis for any operational decisions.

There should be something in the owner’s manual for initial fire. Might be good to light one while it’s warmer so you can have the windows open for the paint smell

Reactions: fahmahbob