Buck model 21, missing firebrick

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Williamsmithj4

Nov 3, 2021
Connecticut
I have a buck model 21 stove and was told by a chimney cleaning company that it was very unsafe to use due to fire brick missing from the top. The inspector said i was lucky to not have blown up my home. Anyway, I contacted buck and they don’t have drawings or how the brick is supposed to be laid out. I was wondering if anyone has a buck 21 that can show me a picture of how the brick is supposed to be laid out on the top, thanks in advance, pic attached.

3E8F7131-17A6-44D4-A9BB-97F82A88EC61.jpeg 43C724F1-3EBE-4EB1-9E87-95AC41900F80.jpeg 1BD45531-33A1-453D-B850-5B5BFCE59370.jpeg

Blowing up the home is a bit of a stretch, but the stove is missing parts. Do you have the manual? if not, download it from Buck. The stove is missing the back two secondary tubes and the insulation board baffle.

That’s what I thought as well but I wanted to be on the safe side. I looked on what I thought was the manual for mine and wasn’t able to see exactly what I was missing. It only shows firebrick on the bottom and sides, not on the top. Do you happen to have the stove ?

Your missing the baffle portion and a reburn tube, hope that helps with you narrowing down your pieces.

Blowing up the home is a bit of a stretch, but the stove is missing parts. Do you have the manual? if not, download it from Buck. The stove is missing the back two secondary tubes and the insulation board baffle.
I meant to reply but I posted on accident. I figured that was a bit of a stretch but I wanted to caution on the safe side. I ended up finding the manual and finding the parts you mentioned, thank you!