Buck Model 91

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was looking for a 91 to put in my basement. In fact, I was all ready to buy a used one but it sold before I could get there. I ended up finding a 2nd Country Flame BBF instead.

Update......I got my break in fires done over the weekend and doing few fires now. I am good overnight burns with 2 or 3 splits. I can set the air @ about 1/8th to 1/4 open and it burns clean. When that mass of steel heats up it puts out some more heat! I have 3 splits in it now and it is cruising @ 1600 on the cat probe.
I called Buck this morning and asked if I would do any damage if I did not run the fan as it is not needed. He said it would not hurt it and that they did all the testing without the fan. I thought it might have to much heat build up in the air cavity and warp something.
I just looked at the temp again and it is up to 1800.....think I will open the bypass and cool it down a bit. The condor says that that is too hot.

Any thoughts on too hot?

Status
Not open for further replies.