Buck stove broken part

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Theonion

Dec 9, 2017
Michigan
Hi. I am burning with a buckstove 74 insert. This is the stoves 3rd season. Noticed a metal part hanging down just behind the door and below the air intake. Called my installer and he said he only warranties the installation and i should call buckstove. Called buvkstove and spoke with the tech guy, he said send him the picture via email, i did, he never got back to me. Called and emailed and still didnt hear back.
I tried using some exhaust pipe cement on it to fix it but it didnt take.
Wondering if this is just cosmetic? How do i fix it (im guessing i need to weld it) and is this a common problem and what caused it.
Thanks
Onion

Attachments

• 20171006_154718.jpg
    20171006_154718.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 117
I'm guessing, but that might be the bottom of the air wash, which is fed by vertical air channels that come up the front corners and feed the air through the mesh and down the glass to keep it clean. This pic of the Mighty 91 shows what I think is a similar piece. Have you noticed a difference in how clean the glass stays, or difference in the way the stove burns, e.g. do the coals glow more, or less, on the side where the deflector is detached? I would investigate further and see how easy it might be to fix..
002.JPG

Last edited: