Q&A Buck Stove Model 19

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

QandA

Staff member
Nov 27, 2012
Question:

Craig: I recently purchased a buck Stove Model 19 N which claims- I believe- to generate 34,000 btu or so. A chimney mason friend of mine stated to me that this unit was "underpowered" and would not heat the rooms intended. The rooms are together 20 feet by 13 feet (260 square feet) with a ten foot ceiling. According to the rule of thumb...the btu output needed would be: 20x13x10=2-600 x 4.5 = 11,700 btus needed. My question- is this unit going to heat the room properly? Thanks--Andrew

Answer:

Well- there are BTU's in and BTU's out....Most wood or gas units are approx 70% efficient- so you'd see 24-000 BTU- which is easily enough to heat the rooms in question in most weather.

Link: Buck Stove

Status
Not open for further replies.