Budget pellet stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Marc S.

Nov 8, 2019
Cincinnati Ohio
A buddy of mine converted the upper level of his garage to a living area for his aunt. He was asking me about my pellet stove, Harmon Absolute 43; doesn't want to spend that kind of money. I am looking for some recommendations on a lower price, reliable stove. the area is very small so he doesn't need anything big. Thanks in advance.....

Look into the QuadraFire Santa Fe. Cost a lot less than any Harman and I believe it is made by the same company. The one I have has been very dependable and is a very simple stove to operate. Only 1 rocker switch for fan speed, nothing complicated. Comes with a thermostat.

Reactions: Marc S. and Ssyko
Englander 25 PDVC, Quad Santa Fe.

Reactions: Marc S.
Enviro Mini, P3, P4 small foodprint
If you can find a used one

Reactions: Marc S. and Ssyko
I bought n Englander 25 PDVC in 2005. It has served me well over the past 15 years. In all that time the only repairs I've had to do to it has been 1, exhaust blower,1 convection blower,1 auger motor and your usual door gasket. When I bought it my house was 1700 sq. ft and it had no problem heating it. But I moved into a smaller house that has 1300 sq. ft and I had to drop the settings. The best thing about and Englander is they are a plug and play unit.

Reactions: Marc S.