Buffer vs Storage tanks

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I put in the Buffer/Hydraulic because my storage tanks are in a separate space from my boiler room . It seemed like an easier more simple way to pipe together.. It also gives me an extra 150 gallons of capacity and combined with the Vesta controller it's working great as a hydraulic separator.. Dogwood I cheated by copy and pasting that explanation . It was easier then me trying to explain and type with my limited typing skills. My system is actually piped a bit different than what is on the display. It is now 2 opposed circs between the buffer and storage. Works a whole lot better than what is shown.
Just when I thought I was getting to the end point of silly things I could research and invest in, you have no planted the seed of getting some kind of buffer in place should I want to use my propane boiler more than I do today....... Nice looking setup by the way. I would LOVE to be able to view my data remotely.