Build up prevention?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

toofdoc

Mar 2, 2016
Santa Fe, NM
Hi all,

I've seen this posted a few times with no clear answer. How do you prevent build up in the lower corners of your glass? I have a Regency CI2600. Its always a bit worse when i dampen it down pretty low for long burns, but still present with I have the dampener more open. Its fairly easy to clean, but would be nice to prevent. This is my first season with this unit and still trying to lean it.

Thanks,

Josh

If you are burning dry wood - verified Moisture Content less than 20% - You are probably going to have to live with it.
Nature of the beast. Burning wide open should remove almost all of it, tho.

Check your door gasket with dollar bill test to make sure your getting a good seal.

I also tried to burn off the build up last night, ran it full open for 2 hours, didn't do much. I then turned it down for a longer burn and the build up is even worse. If my gasket checks out then I think i need harder wood. I'm burning Pinion, not so hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.