Build up

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Pete317

Feb 7, 2018
Ohio
Hi Folks,
New to the pellet stoves I'm running an Englander 25pdvc is it normal to have build up on the burn plate after about 18 hours?...I thought all the ash was supposed to flying settle on the sides of the burn pot...thanks in advance

Hi Folks,
New to the pellet stoves I'm running an Englander 25pdvc is it normal to have build up on the burn plate after about 18 hours?...I thought all the ash was supposed to flying settle on the sides of the burn pot...thanks in advance
Pretty much normal for the PDV and the PDVC . I scrape my plate about twice a day depending on how hard I’m running it. Do the burn plate and burn pot mods help a lot with the build up.

Reactions: Ssyko