burn times

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
figure i would actually measure time.always throwing out numbers off the top of my head never right lol .bholler always saying doesn't seem very long for a big stove so now i know ;lol

12 hrs is nothing to scoff at in my opinion, but I don’t know the stove.

I just got 7.5 from a cold start but I added one split at 1.5 hours in. I was very happy to wake up to big chunks of hot coals. Back to cruise setting in 15 minutes on a reload. It will be 60 today so this load will burn out.

lit it at 8pm went to work,came home 7:30 still throwing heat about 15ft from stove.happy about that.mix of wood never keep track of species.1700s stone house no insulation.

My burn times are really low. I use left over moulding and trim pieces, which burn very hot and fast. I never load a full load at all, just a few pieces at a time. Keeps my old uninsulated house at around 69 all winter. Just a lot of work, but its free wood.

I’ve been doing consistent 12 hour burns for pretty much this whole month. Usually this time of year I’m into an 8 hour loading schedule but the milder temps this year is helping me save some wood.

These 12 hour burns have been with Aspen and I get a good 7 hours of usable heat then about 5 hour coaling stage with plenty of coals for next reload.

24 to 26 hours with a full load of softwoods on minimum air. Very little heat by the end, but enough coals for a hot reload. Sometimes enough coals for a hot reload at 32 hours.

16 to 18 hours of sufficient heat to keep my indoor temps in the mid-to-high 60s dF with outdoor temps in the high 20s to low 30s.

I'm generally doing two 1/2 loads a day to keep the heat more consistent.

1800 sq ft with 14 ft ceilings and skylights. 1970s construction, mediocre insulation.

Reactions: EbS-P
I normally get 12 hr burns with this 38-48º weather but not currently. It's more like 10 hrs. The difference is that our wood is super dry this year and a lot of it is sap wood instead of heartwood.