Caddy Wood/Electric Install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tobes

Mar 9, 2011
Eastern Ontario
Hello,
In the next few weeks I will be installing a Caddy Wood/Electric furnace in our century farm house. I was wondering if anybody had any advice on the cold air return. I see that I can get a top mount kit for the blower, which looks like it would sort of pre heat the return air using the flue. Having read that the caddy doesn't produce a really hot flue gas will this "top mount kit" rob it of already low temperatures and possibly create creosote issues in the chimney ? So I guess I'm wondering if I should mount the cold air return into the side of the blower assembly, or go with the "top mount kit" ? Anybody have experience or advice ? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.