Camera for piece of mind..

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

MagdalenaP

Burning Hunk
Nov 10, 2018
Tilbury, ON
Hey All!

Welcome to another season :) Thought I'd share an upgrade we did for our wood stove. No pics, but you'll get it.

We purchased a blink security camera, and placed it near our stove, pointing to our stove pipe thermometer. Now we can hop onto our cell phones, hit "live view" and see how our fire is doing...without having to get up and go look. Three years of burning and I still will get up around 12;00 at night and check on the fire if I hear odd noises ;em, so now I'll be able to just have a peak while upstairs trying to sleep. As well, we have dogs...so when we leave them, we can also have piece of mind knowing the fire is burning well. A great investment for $40!

Anyone else have unique upgrades for this season? :)

-Maggie

For many years I would have to get up in the middle of the night to load the stove and check on it. Now with the BK I sleep through the night and still have a fire in the morning. So worth it.

Reactions: dafattkidd
For many years I would have to get up in the middle of the night to load the stove and check on it. Now with the BK I sleep through the night and still have a fire in the morning. So worth it.
You don't need to have a bk to do that.

Reactions: Dmitry
A big enough stove (hours) and a good installer (safety) is all you need.

Reactions: bholler
What a good idea.