Can anybody corroborate this from their own burning experiences?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ohlongarm

Minister of Fire
Mar 18, 2011
Northeastern Ohio
I've noticed on my Blaze King when stacking the first row east ,west,second row north ,south,and third row east,west if i can get a third ,dependent on split size.
That i get an even distribution front to back on the coal bed,entire bed depth almost identical within a half an inch. Basically the only way i burn,for the most part.
Any physics behind this?THX

I've noticed on my Blaze King when stacking the first row east ,west,second row north ,south,and third row east,west if i can get a third ,dependent on split size.
That i get an even distribution front to back on the coal bed,entire bed depth almost identical within a half an inch. Basically the only way i burn,for the most part.
Any physics behind this?THX
I have tried stacking that way a couple times. And I find I fit much less wood in the stove that means shorter burn times and or fewer BTUs.

If i stack this way their is more gaps....which means more airspace so the fire burns more evenly and faster. I think this is why the coals are more evenly distributed in the stove bottom. Im burning in a non cat tho so i stack em as tight as i can. I dont get to enjoy the ridiculous long burns that yall bk folks do.