Can anyone identify this fireplace?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Rwd

Sep 27, 2018
AZ
hello,
This is probably a long shot. I bought a house in Idaho, but am overseas right now and personally haven't seen it. My wife has. It has this, what I guess is a prefab fireplace, but I'm not sure of what it is or how old it is. It looks old, the house is a 1983 build. I worry it may be original and ready to be replaced. The previous occupants told my wife it worked well and burned really hot. It has been cleaned and inspected, per our buyers agreement, but we don't have the invoice with any details about it. It's not like most prefabs I've seen, the doors are weird to me. The handles are "L" shaped, but are not attached in these pics. Thanks.

Robert.