Can anyone identify this stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

jdwalla

Jul 29, 2021
Raleigh, NC
Im currently in the market for my first wood stove insert, how exciting! After being quoted $6000 for a basic install I have been searching the used market and found this. The lady selling has no information on it so I'll leave it to the best:

Woodstove1.jpegWoodstove.jpeg

Vermont Castings Winterwarm. It's a complex stove and if it needs a rebuild it will be costly.

Reactions: moresnow
What insert was the $6000 quote for? What did the installation cover? Were there any confounding factors?

Yea I would also like to know what that money cost covers. Now the wood stove looks pretty nice and its looks like a stove that would fall into the category of what one poster wanted --a stove that lays flat on the surface as a insert sort like the stove aspire which is also a pretty nice looking stove for a insert..Here is some information on the winterwarm stove that the original poster is inquiring about..clancey

Thank you all for some insightful replies as I continue the search for a cost effective stove!

The installer in my area is a dealer for Regency and all of the options discussed would include the stove, installation materials(corrugated SS liner) and labor. My chimney is easy access from the outside and 8x8 straight down 15 feet. The 6k price for such an install is not entirely unreasonable for a $2-3k stove but its high enough that I wouldn't mind tackling the project myself.

I took up splitting wood after falling some oak and cherry on the property. After being stacked and seasoned for two summers, moisture meter says it's ready to be put to use.

I'll update this post once I can find a stove that fits what Im looking for.

Reactions: EbS-P
Thank you all for some insightful replies as I continue the search for a cost effective stove!

The installer in my area is a dealer for Regency and all of the options discussed would include the stove, installation materials(corrugated SS liner) and labor. My chimney is easy access from the outside and 8x8 straight down 15 feet. The 6k price for such an install is not entirely unreasonable for a $2-3k stove but its high enough that I wouldn't mind tackling the project myself.

I took up splitting wood after falling some oak and cherry on the property. After being stacked and seasoned for two summers, moisture meter says it's ready to be put to use.

It’s always good to check in with your home insurance company prior to self-install. Some require a professional install.

Reactions: jdwalla

If you have 8x8 clay liners how are you going to fit insulation around the liner?

8x8 seems too small for a fireplace flue.