Can Anyone Provide Blaze King Dealer NJ NY PA CT who isn't a Shyster?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

richg

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Nov 20, 2005
Folks,

I'm looking to buy a Princess Classic, black door, fan kit. Closest dealer quoted $4100.00 before tax. I asked him if that came with a night alone with Scarlett Johnansson and hung up. Cany anybody provide me with the name of a dealer who is, uh, erh, um, from Panet Earth? Advice would be appreciated, thanks.

First of all, it's never a great idea to call requesting the price of any appliance. The dealer will know the customer is just shopping for price and if he's not into that, he's not going to discount over the phone.

If you put yourself in his shoes, there's a couple thing that is in play. He may not have it in stock or display. Which means if he low-balled, you'd come by to look at it or buy it. He would have to special order it just for you at minimal margins. You could pull out and he'd be stuck with inventory...

Or he has it in stock. His break even point is 35% margins once his bills are paid. Blaze Kings are not rare but do not sell like hot cakes due to the price (esp. in your area of the states). People that want them are educated and will pay the price.

Best plan is to visit 2 or 3 local dealers in your area and see which one you feel most comfortable doing business with.

I can recommend Papa Bear in Marathon, NY.

I bought mine here >http://www.fireplaces-rochester-ny.com/
3200+tax with the door...the King.
Guy is not a shyster so to speak but is firm in his prices.
Oh..and I bought mine when the gov was giving like a 33% tax credit..sweet!

I have bought almost all of my stoves over the phone. It is much less expensive. Driving in a 100 mile radius to visit dealers was not an option. If I got a high price I just said thanks and went on to the next. It took about 3 calls for our Quad and about 5 for the Jotul F3CB. With both Jotuls I finally found what I wanted for good prices. The difference was hundreds off of list price. Just be patient and polite. Some shops have a lot of overhead or may have paid a premium for the model you are looking at. They are not shysters just because they are asking a high price. They are trying to survive as a business that has a short peak season.

It's not unusual for a dealer to ask list price right now, this is prime time for selling. If you're looking for a bargain, consider waiting until late winter when stores want to reduce inventory. Or better yet, shop on a hot August day. That can help bring about some real bargains.

Folks,

I'm looking to buy a Princess Classic, black door, fan kit. Closest dealer quoted $4100.00 before tax. I asked him if that came with a night alone with Scarlett Johnansson and hung up. Cany anybody provide me with the name of a dealer who is, uh, erh, um, from Panet Earth? Advice would be appreciated, thanks.

We had this problem because we lived on the east half of the country and it is why we did not by one. They where not schysters so much as it is the cost this side of the Mississippi for some reason. Most dealers would not even sell a unit with the door that was a separate cost as was the base or legs. You should shoot BKVP a message and see if he can help he is the Vice President of Blaze King I believe and a forum member.

Pete

I have bought almost all of my stoves over the phone. It is much less expensive. Driving in a 100 mile radius to visit dealers was not an option. If I got a high price I just said thanks and went on to the next. It took about 3 calls for our Quad and about 5 for the Jotul F3CB. With both Jotuls I finally found what I wanted for good prices. The difference was hundreds off of list price. Just be patient and polite. Some shops have a lot of overhead or may have paid a premium for the model you are looking at. They are not shysters just because they are asking a high price. They are trying to survive as a business that has a short peak season.

It's not unusual for a dealer to ask list price right now, this is prime time for selling. If you're looking for a bargain, consider waiting until late winter when stores want to reduce inventory. Or better yet, shop on a hot August day. That can help bring about some real bargains.

I told the guy I was very unhappy with my Quad 4300 and was ready to buy a Blaze King. Mind you, I expected a high price from this guy as he is overpriced on everything. A can of high temp stove paint is $27.00. A ton of pellets is $379.00. A foot of crappy OJ Simpson Duravent, $54.00. How he stays in business, I'll never know. Back when I bought a Harman P61A, he wanted $3600.00. A couple of phone calls and I had it delivered for $2400.00. I have money to buy a quality stove, but won't take a piece of double wall up the arse.

Go to the BK site and then to the Services and Support menu item. Under it you will see a Find a Dealer option. I see 23 dealers within 100 miles.

Go to the BK site and then to the Services and Support menu item. Under it you will see a Find a Dealer option. I see 23 dealers within 100 miles.

I tried that and out of 10 dealers I called only 1 actually sold BK's........

We had this problem because we lived on the east half of the country and it is why we did not by one. They where not schysters so much as it is the cost this side of the Mississippi for some reason. Most dealers would not even sell a unit with the door that was a separate cost as was the base or legs. You should shoot BKVP a message and see if he can help he is the Vice President of Blaze King I believe and a forum member.

Pete

I think it might be a shipping cost issue? I paid $2300 ( in July) for a Hearthstone Heritage that others here have said runs to $3500 on the west coast.

I tried that and out of 10 dealers I called only 1 actually sold BK's........

That's been a recurring problem. Not sure why BK cant figure this out. If they want you to use local dealers, the least they could do is provide an up to date Dealer Locator tool.

There are a couple of members here on this forum that work for or run shops that sell BKs. If you aren't afraid of a little traveling, you should be able to get a fair deal from one of them.

I personally unloaded and set my princess from the back of an F350 4x4 with nothing but a couple of motorcycle ramps, some lumber, and a dolly. It's not a heavy stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.