can I cut down a ceiling support box

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Notsure04

Sep 7, 2020
Illinois
New to this website and wondering if I can cut a ceiling support box that is too tall so that it will fit. Im installing a wood stove in my sunroom and it has a low slope roof total thickness of the ceiling is about 6 inches. So would I be able to cut a support box down to a shorter size so it dosent stick out so much hoping to cut it down to 9 inches so it only sticks out about 3 inches. Hope you can help thanks

New to this website and wondering if I can cut a ceiling support box that is to tall so that it will fit. Im installing a wood stove in my sunroom and it has a low slope roof total thickness of the ceiling is about 6 inches. So would I be able to cut a support box down to a shorter size so it dosent stick out so much hoping to cut it down to 9 inches so it only sticks out about 3 inches. Hope you can help thanks
Refer to the manufacturers instructions. If it doesn't say call them. I work with ventis and it is allowed with their system. But you need to check for the one you are using