Can I put my direct vent piping in a wall?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

joem1cha3l

Oct 25, 2015
NY
I bought my fire LP fireplace. Im pretty handy with most things, so i'll take my time on this and Im sure ill be fine also.

I'll be framing out the new area for the fireplace in the middle of a wall. That will come out from the wall about 22". Above that (above the mantel), there will be a section that bumps out about 12" from the wall. This will hold my tv and my intention is to run the pipe inside that 12" cavity, up through the ceiling.

Do-able? Didnt see anything in Selkirk Metalbest manual about burying the pipe.

Look for the piping clearance requirements. DuraVent b-vent pipe requires 1" clearance from all combustibles. It doesn't hurt to exceed minimums if there is a lot of wiggle room.

Reactions: barmstrong2
Look for the piping clearance requirements. DuraVent b-vent pipe requires 1" clearance from all combustibles. It doesn't hurt to exceed minimums if there is a lot of wiggle room.

Thanks begreen

Got it on the clearance from combustibles. Whats the scoop with enclosing the piping in a wall though? More concerned with trapping the heat and having an issue...

Status
Not open for further replies.