Can I run chimney pipe along the floor?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Petar

Nov 11, 2019
Zagreb, Croatia
Hi all,

I'm looking at getting one of these perhaps (the Z6):

I am trying to figure out if it would be a good idea to run the chimney pipe out the back; down to the floor; under the sink and then up about a half a meter to the chimney port that is in the wall.

My understanding is that this should be fine -- considering that pellet stoves blow their exhaust out under pressure that is generated by a fan.

Thoughts?

Hi all,

I'm looking at getting one of these perhaps (the Z6):

I am trying to figure out if it would be a good idea to run the chimney pipe out the back; down to the floor; under the sink and then up about a half a meter to the chimney port that is in the wall.

My understanding is that this should be fine -- considering that pellet stoves blow their exhaust out under pressure that is generated by a fan.

Thoughts?
No you cannot go down

No, not advisable

yes. the manual for the stove you are looking at will have all the venting recommendations/positions it will work with