Can it be winter yet?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Dobish

Minister of Fire
Oct 26, 2015
Golden CO
I am all ready.... its going to be 93º today.

total shown here is 2.1 cord (there is some hiding you can't see in the picture)
20170609_072654.jpg

This isn't the best picture, but this is some of my stash for the next 3-4 years...
1 cord honey locust
1 cord black walnut
1 cord maple
1 cord box elder
1 cord russian olive
.75 cord apsen/birch
2 cord pine/spruce
2 cord elm
.5 cord cherry/peach
.75 cord willow
20170609_072236.jpg

I don't know when i'm going to get to this guy... its a mix of maple, willow, cedar, black walnut, elm, and some uglies..
20170220_162218.jpg

Reactions: Soundchasm
Heading for the 90's here as well. I love it! I'd rather stretch out summer! Might toss the kayak in this afternoon.
BTW, nice wood collection;)

I see 80's on my horizon. Seems too hot. I don't know how people manage 90+

It was 87 in the house at 6pm tonight.... it's finally down to 81 at 10pm...

Been cool here but supposed to get hot & humid today...80's and 90's depending on the location. Had a bonfire last night in the fire pit, but it wasn't quite the same...
If you do not have AC in your house...a simple trick to help cool it off. If you can windows open from the top, open them and put fans in the windows blowing the inside air outside. Do that on opposite sides of your house. Crack open one or two windows in the center if your house. When it cools off later in the day, flip one of the fans blowing air in. Should help a bit.
Nice stacks btw...

We try and keep the blinds closed as much as we can so it doesn't let the sun place in... I did throw a window fan in the window, then realized that I removed the outlet when I put in the patio door. I have been meaning to get back up in the attic and run another line, but its hot up there!

I have been putting off blowing air sealing and blowing more insulation until I am able to get up there and finish the wiring... but if it continues to be this hot, it might have to happen sooner rather than later!