Can Skytech 3301P remote control turn down the flame on a Jotul GF 300 DV?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

warmup777

Dec 30, 2021
bay area
Hi! Does the Skytech 3301p remote operate independently from the SIT 820 regulator on a Jotul Allagash? So the remote will turn the burner flames on and off according to the temperature you set on the thermostat, but to adjust flame height, you'd have to turn the HI/LO knob manually? If so, is there a recommended setting for this knob when using with a remote? Many thanks!

I don’t believe SkyTech remotes have that capability, since you need a “stepper” valve in the system to enable turn down actions. I would say that if you keep the flames at medium height, it will still give you the option to turn them up if you need more heat.

I don’t believe SkyTech remotes have that capability, since you need a “stepper” valve in the system to enable turn down actions. I would say that if you keep the flames at medium height, it will still give you the option to turn them up if you need more heat.
Very helpful, thanks so much!