Can someone help give me some more information?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

brendensglass

Nov 22, 2021
Boise
I was given this beautiful beast as my very first stove. Before this, I've never operated a wood stove myself, and was hoping to not only get some more information on the stove, but also help with its proper use.

I know it's a bicentennial but I couldn't find any photos of this particular one or any other information on it, so if anyone here had an idea I'd appreciate the info!

And as far as what I need help with in using it is I'm just not sure how I'm supposed to be operating the damper, or the spinning plates in the front. I feel like I'm being ineffective in my heating/usage of material and would just like to feel more confident that I'm not doing it wrong.

Thanks in advance everyone!
20211122_114819.jpg
20211122_114828.jpg
20211122_114842-jpg.286055
20211122_114842.jpg

Congratulations on your first stove! Before we get into operation, let's make sure it's installed correctly since there's literally fire in the box. If that fire gets out, bad things happen.

Is there a tag on the back of the stove listing clearances to combustibles? How is your chimney made?

Reactions: clancey