Can someone tell me what stove this is?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Matter

Sep 18, 2022
canada
I picked up a Fisher pedestal wood stove -2 arched doors with 2 air inlets and nickel plating - 6 inch flue - "GM" cast inside doors - 4 bricks back and sides - bricks are 4 1/2" x8 1/2" x 1 1/4" Can you tell me what model this is??

I picked up a Fisher pedestal wood stove -2 arched doors with 2 air inlets and nickel plating - 6 inch flue - "GM" cast inside doors - 4 bricks back and sides - bricks are 4 1/2" x8 1/2" x 1 1/4" Can you tell me what model this is??
You are describing a Teddy Bear, but most had a 7 inch outlet. I thought they all did in Canada. (Are you sure it doesn’t have 3 bricks on the sides? Goldilocks had 3, not sure about Teddy, may have it somewhere, would have to dig for that) Grandma had 4 on the sides, but was 5 across the back. GM doors were used on Grandma, Teddy, and Insert.

Goldilocks was the same style pedestal stove with 6 inch outlet, but only one operable air damper on left side that controls an air flap behind doors. This model gets air up through the pedestal with a clean out, drop down door under the front. The doors are marked MH for mobile home.

The Honey Bear is the only other pedestal stove, smaller with a single shield on the back with a curl at top facing forward. Don’t think Grandma doors would fit across them, they were built for glass doors but had solid doors optional. The solid doors are marked PB made for the Polar Bear Insert.

All these stoves had a UL Label with model on the stove. A Teddy special built with 6 inch outlet should have no tag. Don’t think there was a UL Listed 6 inch Teddy Bear. That shield will have plates cut off at top to match stove height with no curl at top.

My avatar is a Ganz Teddy Bear with Fisher T shirt given away with the Teddy stove in Canada.

You are describing a Teddy Bear, but most had a 7 inch outlet. I thought they all did in Canada. (Are you sure it doesn’t have 3 bricks on the sides? Goldilocks had 3, not sure about Teddy, may have it somewhere, would have to dig for that) Grandma had 4 on the sides, but was 5 across the back. GM doors were used on Grandma, Teddy, and Insert.

Goldilocks was the same style pedestal stove with 6 inch outlet, but only one operable air damper on left side that controls an air flap behind doors. This model gets air up through the pedestal with a clean out, drop down door under the front. The doors are marked MH for mobile home.

The Honey Bear is the only other pedestal stove, smaller with a single shield on the back with a curl at top facing forward. Don’t think Grandma doors would fit across them, they were built for glass doors but had solid doors optional. The solid doors are marked PB made for the Polar Bear Insert.

All these stoves had a UL Label with model on the stove. A Teddy special built with 6 inch outlet should have no tag. Don’t think there was a UL Listed 6 inch Teddy Bear. That shield will have plates cut off at top to match stove height with no curl at top.

My avatar is a Ganz Teddy Bear with Fisher T shirt given away with the Teddy stove in Canada.
You are correct, Coaly - it does have a 7" outlet... Thanks for your help ! I haven't found a UL tag yet.

You are correct, Coaly - it does have a 7" outlet... Thanks for your help ! I haven't found a UL tag yet.
Does it have the shield on the back? The tag was normally on the pedestal.

Canadian Teddy Bear H632878 3.jpg