Can SS liner be crimped

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Seems like this liner doesn’t want to connect to stove pipe or the liner appliance connector I have. Can it be crimped? It’s 316 SS .006 thickness.
It can be but there really should never be a need to if you have the right components.

I got the liner only from eBay. When I ordered the ventis stovepipe from Rockford I also ordered the liner components. I thought I was getting the vertical appliance connector with the hose clamp like is pictured but it’s just piece of stainless female to male. I went with a black single wall tee instead of the SS tee snout because it will look much better in the fireplace. So I’m thinking I’ll ditch the vertical appliance connector, crimp the liner, and connect it directly to the black tee with cement and four screws?

I got the liner only from eBay. When I ordered the ventis stovepipe from Rockford I also ordered the liner components. I thought I was getting the vertical appliance connector with the hose clamp like is pictured but it’s just piece of stainless female to male. I went with a black single wall tee instead of the SS tee snout because it will look much better in the fireplace. So I’m thinking I’ll ditch the vertical appliance connector, crimp the liner, and connect it directly to the black tee with cement and four screws?
If it is light wall liner you can't use screws. The liner is too thin for the screws to hold. You need the proper components

Reactions: TWilk117
If it is light wall liner you can't use screws. The liner is too thin for the screws to hold. You need the proper components
Thanks. I spoke briefly with a guy at Rockford this afternoon. It was just before 5pm. He seemed more puzzled than I was when I told him the appliance connector they sent doesn’t have the hose clamp welded to it. He had me text him a pic and said he will get back to me in the morning.

Thanks. I spoke briefly with a guy at Rockford this afternoon. It was just before 5pm. He seemed more puzzled than I was when I told him the appliance connector they sent doesn’t have the hose clamp welded to it. He had me text him a pic and said he will get back to me in the morning.
Hopefully he forwards it to someone who knows what they are doing