Can you check if my wood stove is compatible with manufactured house?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

kevinkevin

Nov 5, 2023
Phelan, 92371
A wood stove was installed in a manufactured house which we purchased couple months ago.
Can you let me know if the wood stove is compatible with manufactured house?

Thank you.

IMG_8548.jpeg

IMG_8548.JPG

I attached a higher resolution.
Please download the file and enlarge.

I just saw the aluminum tag and I got to know that the stove is good for manufactured house.
By the way, my local stove store told me that wood stove for manufactured house has to have hole at the bottom of the stove to get air.
I don't think there is no hole at the bottom of the stove.

Thank you.

Is there a different requirement for a manufactured home verse a normal built one? I know a mobile home is different but would not have though that of a manufactured.

And most wood stoves rated for mobile homes require a out side air kit which is the whole they are talking about.

Reactions: kevinkevin
By hole, they mean something like this. It may be on the back or bottom. Its about 3” or so.

IMG_2266.jpeg

Reactions: kevinkevin