Can you id this gas fireplace

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Ptld

Oct 26, 2022
Portland
Can you assist with identifying this fireplace make and model? I’m trying to research how to remove the glass to clean it but am not finding instructions for this old fireplace.
Thank you very much!
image.jpgimage.jpg

Looks like an older Regency model Fireplace Insert (E33?) to me. If you open the bottom louvers, there should be a rating plate under the gas valve.

Did you ever figure out how to remove/ clean the glass? I just posted the exact same insert with the same question.

31D2D2C9-EFE3-455A-9042-7EA8121332E5.jpeg

Depending on the age of the unit, there are different means of removing the fronts.
They may be held by springs or the may be held by screws.

In order to remove the bay front you need to take a couple of steps.
1. Pull the top louver straight out. It has two tabs that slide into slots to hold it.
2. Lower the bottom louver. Look into the valve cavity & you will see two spring-loaded handles.*
Pull them straight out to release the front.

*If you don't see the handles, the front is held by screws in the for corners. 2 up & 2 down.

3. Grasp the bottom of the bay front and swing it out. Then lift it up.
In order to clean the glass correctly, you need to use a ceramic paste. Rutland White Out is a good product, but you can use the same paste that is recommended for cleaning ceramic stove tops.

Did you ever figure out how to remove/ clean the glass? I just posted the exact same insert with the same question.

Under the bottom louver on top of the glass, in the center is a 7/16th bolt. Unscrew this and then the top louvers will pull out and you can easily pull the glass to clean it.
Good luck.