cannot find parts

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

guy211

Nov 16, 2007
western PA
I have a Franklin Stove from the 80's. So i've heard they were pushed out of business by lawsuits......i am in search of a baffle and grate for our stove that is still in good condition and have been searching for a year and found nothing! what to do, can anyone help me??? i have photos and the back plate that was on the stove.

Well you could try to have a weld shop make up a new baffle and grate for you but I would recomend you just buy a new stove.

The welding shop most likely will not make the parts you need either as it's a HUGE liablity.

The newer stoves are much better than your current one and will produce more heat with less wood.

Good luck!

The 1980 frankly stoves has such Thin castings
Every time we take one out of a house to replace they fall apart

I know I would not want one in my house I value my families lives and the house more, than I would ever rely on such a stove

If they went of of business due to lawsuits that to me is red flag numero uno. You can probably pick up the same vintage of stove but from a different manufacturer for less $$ and headache than you are facing to fix up a product that is easily equivocable to the Yugo.

the old "franklin" stove was supposedly invented by franklin (ben) from what ive heard, dont know how true it is but if so it probably didnt have to deal with EPA certification back then <chuckle> but they are very inefficient and so cheaply made that if its messed up , its probably not worth fixing.

Status
Not open for further replies.