Can't decide between Harmon P61 or Enviro M55

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JHASS

Hearth Supporter
Dec 29, 2008
Jersey Pines
First time poster long time LURKER. I've already read all the posts on both units and really can't make up my mind. I have a 1456 sq. ft. ranch built in 1980 with insulation upgraded new siding and thermo windows last year with a 1080 sq. ft. addition. I'm not necessarily trying to heat entirely just offset the propane bill as much as possible. At current I'm leaning toward the M55 just for the fact that it is listed as being a bio-mass and can burn the grains and I have access to those at a fair price if not free as opposed to the P-61A that is more or less listed as just pellets. I would appreciate your input on either one of the stoves.

Thanks
Jay

Hey Jay,

Welcome and glad you stopped in. Both stoves are good ones. Both handle pellets very well. But because you mentioned grains as a fuel and there price is right. That gives the edge to the M55.

I have the Omega and its my second season. I have put a lot of different brands though this stove. I tested many pellets for this group and it handled even the very bad brands with no issues and no extra attention during the burn. Just some extra clean up after they were finished. I have burned corn, grass, and now coffee pellets. It seems to burn just about anything with ease. I love this stove!

Keep us posted on what you choose. And macman will ask for some pictures once its installed.

Enjoy
jay

If you are burning grains on a regular basis, then a true multi fuel unit, like the M55 or Harman PC45 will give you the flexability you need.. however, if you plan on a primary diet of pellets, the 61 can't be beat (except by a 68)

Thanks for the fast reply and info. Have been reading your posts for a while and appreciate your wisdom. I've been following the switch grass thread since it started and am enjoying all of the input you guys are posting. The coffee sounds like a fun project also.

Jay

I thought the P61A could burn multi fuels, I know it can be set up to burn corn as well as wood pellets. Not sure if that means multi fuel or not. I have a P61A and frankly I can't imagine an easier to maintain stove that cranks out heat when needed. It's great but I don't burn anything other than wood pellets, there just isn't really a market up my way for anything else at this point (corn, grass etc).

Status
Not open for further replies.