Cape Cod in action!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

webby3650

Master of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Sep 2, 2008
Indiana
I thought I would post a few pictures of the Cape Cod in operation. I know a lot of people are curious about this stove, I though some pics would help.

cod.jpg IMG_0059.jpg cod pic.jpg

The gas grill effect, plus the rockin' cat, looks.... hot.

Nice secondaries....

Beautiful. I've seen less gas burning activity in pure gas stoves.

It's hard for me to justify spending the money, but my wife said I could get a cape cod! We saw one in the showroom and she loved it.

It's hard for me to justify spending the money, but my wife said I could get a cape cod! We saw one in the showroom and she loved it.
Replacing the Enerzone?

Awesome secondary action! Like a gas broiler in there. Man, maybe I should have gotten the Cod instead of the Endeavor, even though I love the Endeavor. Just checked my chimney with a mirror and flashlight and it only has a thin coating of somewhat fluffy creosote. Not bad for over two months of 24/7 burning. So, like I said, I am happy with the Endeavor.

Good luck with the Cod, and keep us posted on its performance. I think this is going to be a big hit for Lopi. It has the performance and the looks.

Very nice. How is the secondary on slow burn? I assume we'll see more active CAT in that case....

Is that a wood floor it's sitting on? Or maybe those fancy tiles that look like wood?

Best pic I have seen of tube secondary's!
Keep us posted!

Replacing the Enerzone?

No, my house came with two gas stoves. I replaced one with the enerzone, I would replace the other with the cape cod. This house would double as a sauna.

Reactions: kingquad
Looks beautiful and it seems to be a particularly brilliant fire for a partial load.

Is that a wood floor it's sitting on? Or maybe those fancy tiles that look like wood?
It's that "fancy" tile that looks like wood. I wanted to look like it was on wood, I guess it worked.

Very nice. How is the secondary on slow burn? I assume we'll see more active CAT in that case....
It does pretty good after the secondary tubes go out. The cat doesn't glow very bright after a few hours on low, but I've never seen any smoke coming out of the flue. So, it still must be working.

Attachments

• cat pic.jpg
    cat pic.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 119
Status
Not open for further replies.