Castile over feeding pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Fish On

Feeling the Heat
Oct 19, 2009
The other Cape..
Need some help. My quad insert has been a great stove and little To complain about.

The other night after cleaning I noticed the flame getting smaller then got wicked larger. Seems to try and catch up by dumping more pellets which then the flame is crazy over feeding. It's not the feed adjustment. Haven't touch that.

I've replaced just about all in this stove since I've had it. The auger motor 2 times.

So my thinking was that I may have had a pellet jam in the chute. So I cleaned that out and same thing happen again. So my thoughts are either the auger motor is skipping or that the vacuume switch.

I clean the stove after every ton and I know it's not a dirty issue as door gasket blah blah..

So could it be control board? All lights are normal on that red call light up to temp green and so on..

I just had spine surgery on my neck fusion c4c6 and I really can't just pull it out myself and aggravates the crap out of me when I can't fix it myself right NOW!

So give me some advise when my peeps come over and help. I'm really thinking its in the auger chute. And to really clean that I have to slid out.

Thanks!

I'm really thinking its in the auger chute.

That is what I am thinking as well. Clean out the hopper and chute to make sure no foreign objects are in there.

What are the length of your pellets? I see you have LeCrete listed in your signature. They are a very nice pellet. If they are on the long side, it could be that they are bridging up a bit and causing the issue.