Castile Pellet Stove working great except needs to be reset.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

forest2000

Jan 9, 2017
california
I have a 2002 Castile Pellet Stove. It was having over heating problems and also blowing fuses. Since it was so old, I just decided to replace a bunch of stuff and see what happened. I had replaced the vacuum switch not long ago. So I replaced the combustion blower, exhaust fan, thermocouple, igniter, 3 snap disks. Seems to have fixed whatever the problem was and is running fine except for when the call light comes on, i have to push the reset button....then works fine. So of course, this doesn't work for me if the call light comes on in middle of night! The problem seems to be intermittent and I have a memory of this problem happening to me last winter also. Having a hard time finding an explanation for EXACTLY what the reset button DOES or puts into motion so i can pinpoint the problem. Replace the control box?? Thanks for any help! Pam

When you have a call for heat, what happens within the unit? Does the combustion motor start? Does the igniter get hot? Does it feed any pellets? We need more information as to what is actually happening before you press the reset button.

The reset button just breaks the contact for the thermostat block.
1637198096560.png

Reactions: Ssyko
hi, thanks for the reply! after i posted my question, i saw your reply to Peter Martin who has/had the same problem as me...also read the other replies to his problem. The question i had to your other reply was.....if the thermocouple or vacuum switch was the problem, would the call light be on? but, anyway....after thinking over things, i realized that i (as well as others) are not present when the call light is coming on. they, like me, wake up the next morning or walk up to the stove at some point and see the call light is on but nothing happening. sooooo, what i think is happening, and will explore more, is that call light comes on....pellets drop, start burning but then more pellets do not drop or not enough and the stove shuts down and it isn't known that all that happened. After thinking about your (and other) answers to Peter Martin, i adjusted the feed rod (or whatever it is called) and that seems to have basically taken care of the problem. I saw the gate when i was cleaning stuff up and considered adjusting that but did not. if i continue to have problems, i will adjust that. if i continue to have problems after that, i will hover over the stove to be present at each attempt to start up and see exactly what is going on. so of course after thinking about it all, i feel foolish to have bothered anybody about the problem but experience is experience and you don't know what you don't know and all that stuff.....thanks again for the reply. pam

Reactions: Ssyko
Forest2000, I think that there is no such thing as a dumb question. A person asks because they do not know or don't remember. We are here to help each other. Some have more knowledge in one area versus another.

As you found out, many topics have been discussed here before. The search function can help a person find an answer to questions that they have.

Hopefully everything works well for you and let us know if everything is working as it should. A lot of times, we never hear back to actually know what the outcome was.

Happy heating.