Castine F400--Wall Penetration Q.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Robere210

Nov 25, 2012
I'm building my (single story) house in S.W. Missouri and have a gently used, but older Jotul Castine F400. It's the one with the double front door. I'll also have a propane furnace, but hope to cut the propane bill a lot with the wood stove. I won't have the house finished this year, but I need to know how do I penetrate the wall for the stovepipe. I built the ext. walls with 2X6 studs. There will be an exterior chimney (also not built yet). I'm assuming there is some sort of special type of pipe for this--but what's it called? I'll be installing this myself and have done a lot of building over the years, so what's the absolute BEST, SAFEST way to penetrate the wall with the stovepipe?

I went straight back out of the stove and through an exterior wall with my Jotul stove. You get a thimble kit from the chimney pipe manufacturer you choose. I used Excel and have been extremely pleased. It is a simple process to install and all the trim pieces are included to make it look good, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.