Castine jotul f400 or small stoves

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
no doors here, open oversize raised ranch with an added family room. 64* rising 70* after a few hours. probably need new gaskets, but won't shut down now to change them. great little stove and cuts our oil by one half as we heat 1800sq. ft. in the basement apt. on the colder days we add a electric space heater, which is running now on the 750/kwh setting, in the family rm.
That is great that you can cut your oil in half with that stove. I hate to run electric heat but when you need to it works. Why do you think you need new gaskets?

That is great that you can cut your oil in half with that stove. I hate to run electric heat but when you need to it works. Why do you think you need new gaskets?
second year on replaced door gasket and glass has never been replaced. the overnight and work hour burns are key on heat savings ,so I've left well enough alone. oil savings about 700 gals/year spending $1000.00 on solid fuel. will have some inventory left as well.

Reactions: Kevin Dolan
Status
Not open for further replies.