Castle pellet stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

harley75

Nov 21, 2016
pennsylvania
Question in the 3 years I had this Castle pellet stove I just noticed like small hot amber coming out of the stove pipe outside.I never seen that before is that normal I'm using the last of the Pennington pellets up

What you see is not unusual depending on your pipe length
If you had a long run say over 6 feet you would never see
sparks. that's why your manual says that on a straight-out pipe
run that all flammable material must be removed
Just remember there is always an exception for every rule.

I see the little embers all the time with the Castle stove. I have a basement install that goes through the foundation and then up maybe 6 ft or so. I believe the manual calls for no combustible material within like 2 ft. I honored that with a arborvitae nearby to about 3 feet. A few weeks back, I decided to trim back even more giving about 6 or 7 feet. Too many little embers for my liking. I think they are caused by the wood dust in the pellet bag.

The last bag of pellets I used up were from last year a lot of places around here store them outside it's hard to find a store that keeps them inside.I showed them on the bag where it says about storing them and they say it has to do with fire code for the store.

My Serenity has direct discharge out the wall behind stove. 4' max pipe. Yes, often see embers out the pipe at night. Never had any fire issues.....like...there is snow out there !